Kristen Zajac, author of Ebeneezer's Cousin, has passed along information regarding upcoming visits to schools in honor of Veteran's Day.
Kristen will be visiting:
Tuesday, November 9 - Essrig Elementary School (Tampa, FL)
Wednesday, November 10- Cleveland Elementary School (Tampa, FL)
Friday, November 12- Alafia Elementary School (Valrico, FL)
Monday, November 15- Thonotosassa Elementary (Thonotosassa, FL)
She will be doing a special book reading of Ebeneezer's Cousin for Veteran's Day programs at all four elementary schools. The program will include:
1) Reading Ebeneezer's Cousin to the students.
2) Showing them an original framed illustration by the artist, Jennifer Houdeshell, so they can see what the pictures look like before being integrated with text into a book.
3) Giving a powerpoint presentation with photos of the real organizations that train service animals to help people with special needs, like the capuchin monkey Eli in Ebeneezer's Cousin.
4) Leading a "picture peace" postcard activity with the children. She will be having them draw what peace means to them and write a thank you note to be sent to a veteran at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and the James A. Haley Hospital.
5) The author will also be signing books for the children.
You can visit Kristen online at http://www.kristenzajac.com to learn more about the book and its author. Kids will find a special section just for them on Kristen's website. There is also a section for parents and teachers, and one that includes links to organizations that train and place assistance animals with people in need.